Magnetrol-AMETEK is excited to announce the Genesis™ Multiphase Detector – groundbreaking patents lead to an evolution in multiphase detection, measurement, and control.
Multiphase level measurements exist throughout process industries. They are especially significant in the oil & gas and petrochemical sectors due to the value derived from effectively separating water and hydrocarbon. While level instrumentation has come a long way in measuring liquids of all varieties, multiphase level measurement remains a towering challenge and a considerable opportunity.
The new Genesis™ Multiphase Detector encompasses several significant engineering accomplishments. This cutting-edge, multiphase detector provides profiler performance at a competitive cost without the regulatory burdens and HSE concerns.
The Genesis Multiphase Detector from Magnetrol is designed to measure multiple phases in applications with thick and dynamic emulsion layers:
- Vapor phase
- Total level (e.g., hydrocarbon liquid)
- Top of emulsion layer
- Bottom of emulsion layer (e.g., water level)
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- 24VDC input with four (4) 4-20mA outputs (including HART) for convenient control of total level, top of emulsion, water level, and sediment
- Concurrent Top-Down and Bottom-Up signal generation
- Proprietary and innovative software algorithms for interpreting signals
- Changing media characteristics have no effect on level measurement
- Calibration or moving of levels in the vessel is not required
- 4-button keypad and graphic LCD display allow for viewing of configuration parameters and performance curves
- Proactive diagnostics for scheduling maintenance and mitigating unplanned shutdowns
- Probe designs are available up to +400F / 1000psi (+200C / 70 bar)
- Electronics can be remote mounted up to 100 feet (30 meters) away from the probe
- No moving parts in the process, reducing measurement errors and downtime
- TDR/Electromagnetic energy based
- Superior accuracy
Measuring dynamic conditions in difficult processes, such as desalters and separators, is now achievable with Magnetrol’s Genesis Multiphase Detector. The Genesis is a powerful, cost-effective solution capable of measuring total level, emulsion layers, and sediment from a single opening in the vessel.
For more information on the Genesis Multiphase Detector, visit genesis.magnetrol.com