Non-contact radar transmitters are used in a variety of industries, from oil and gas to water and wastewater to chemical manufacturing. The reliability, safety and ease of use of a non-contact radar level transmitter makes it a natural choice for many difficult process conditions.
At Magnetrol®, we are taking these transmitters to the next level with our latest innovation.
MAGNETROL is introducing the Pulsar® Model R86, our first industrial, 26 GHz pulse burst non-contact radar transmitter. Based on a platform developed for the Eclipse® Model 706 guided wave radar transmitter, this new PULSAR transmitter is the product of over 13 years of MAGNETROL radar design and application experience. The design and performance improvements offered by the higher frequency signal makes this transmitter the first choice for many applications.
The Model R86 offers many features and benefits, including:
- Improved performance. The 26 GHz radar signal has a smaller wavelength, allowing for smaller antennas and improved resolution.
- Circular polarization. With circular polarization, there’s no need to adjust the antenna to avoid false targets. This simplifies installation and delivers proper alignment in virtually every application.
- Nozzle extensions to 72” (1.8 meters). The R86 can be installed into nozzles longer than 12” (300mm). This means non-standard nozzle lengths and underground vessel standpipes are never a problem.
- Improved diagnostics. The graphic LCD display clearly communicates performance issues and displays troubleshooting tips when necessary. This helps reduce downtime.
- SIL 2 capability. SIL 2 hardware compliance is standard. The Safe Failure Fraction (SFF) of 93.2% reflects high reliability.
- High temperature, high pressure antennas. The antenna range of up to 750 °F (400 °C)/ 2320psi (160bar) allows installation into demanding applications and punishing conditions.