Orion Instruments® Acquires ASME U Stamp Certification
Orion Instruments® was recently certified as an ASME Section VIII, Division 1 Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code facility. This achievement verifies that ORION’s engineering, manufacturing, and quality systems meet the stringent requirements of ASME Sec. VIII, Div. 1. As a result, our capabilities now include the construction of code stamped chambers to meet end user specifications.
Adding ASME Sec. VIII, Div. 1 certification to our construction code offerings gives ORION the ability to offer custom engineering, design, and manufacturing at any level the process application may require. Customers can be assured that their magnetic level indicators (MLIs) are manufactured with the highest quality and craftsmanship regardless of construction code.
There are a limited number of MLI manufacturers with ASME Sec. VIII, Div. 1 certification.
This certification allows ORION Instruments to provide the following:
- ASME Sec. VIII, Div. 1 U stamp (full implementation of code with stamp, National Board Registration, 3rd party inspection, and supporting documentation)
- Construction in accordance with ASME Sec. VIII, Div. 1
- Designed to code calculations
- Documentation to customers’ specifications
- No 3rd party inspection
- No National Board registration
- No “U” stamp designator
- Construction in an ASME Sec. VIII, Div. 1 certified facility
- Ensures the highest level of quality and manufacturing processes
For more information on ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code (BPVC) Section VIII, Division 1, or to acquire a copy of the certification, please contact the ORION Instruments factory or visit our website.